excl. VAT + postage
Formulation and Production of Chewing and Bubble Gum
by Fritz Douglas
Kennedy’s Publications Ltd
Publication date: January 2006
Douglas Fritz has many years of experience in the chewing gum sector and this essential book contains everything readers need to know about this fascinating topic. Beginning with a history of gum, the book deals with gum formulations, shelf-life, mouthfeel, gumbase, bulk sweeteners, polyols, high-intensity sweeteners, flavourings, manufacturing techniques and panning.
Douglas‘ connections throughout the industry have ensured that contributions are made by some of the world’s leading experts: Roser Amposta Estruch and Joan Mestres, Cafosa Gum SA; Edward L. Fenimore, Concord Confections Ltd, former President, Philadelphia Chewing Gum Corp. and Chairman, National Association of Chewing Gum Manufacturers; Warren Clark, Ford Gum & Machine Co; Kris Bart De Roos, Givaudan Nederland BV; AnnetC.Hoek, Holland Sweetener Company; Ihab Bishay, Glenn Corliss,Subbarao V.Ponakala and Indra Prakash, The NutraSweetCo; Christian Gand, Proform; Marika Ladret, Yves Le Bot, Sophie Nesvadba, Elsa Ostermann and Guillaume Ribadeau-Dumas, Roquette Frères; Emilio Romero Carcasona, Wm.Wrigley Jr.Co.
Reference book for the manufacture of chewing and bubble gum.
Table of Contents
- The history of chewing gum, 1848-2004, Edward L. Fenimore
- Modern chewing gum, Joan Mestres
- Evaluation and shelf-life, Douglas Fritz
- Gum base, Roser Amposta Estruch
- Bulk sweeteners used in sugar chewing gum, Emilio Romero Carcasona
- Polyols: their properties and applications in sugar-free chewing gum, Marika Ladret, Yves Le Bot, Sophie Nesvadba, Elsa Ostermann and Guillaume Ribadeau-Dumas
- High-intensity sweeteners in sugar-free chewing gum
- Flavourings for chewing gum
- Gum formulation, Douglas Fritz
- Chewing gum manufacture, Christian Gand and Douglas Fritz
- Panning, Warren Clark