excl. VAT + postage
Sugar Confectionery & Chocolate Manufacture
by R. Lees & E.B. Jackson
This book is one of the established reference sources for the confectionery industry. Written as a text book it brings together relevant information on many raw materials used in the manufacture of sweets and chocolate and describes both traditional and modern production processes, in particular those continuous methods which are finding increasing application. There are basic recipes and methods for a wide range of confectionery. Special concern is extended to the need to combine maximum economy with high quality.
The various check lists and charts, showing the more likely faults and how to eliminate them, reflect the fact that art still plays no small part in this industry.
There also will be found a collection of other general reference data in tabular form; while the Glossary explains a number of technical terms, many of them peculiar to the industry.
Table of Contents
- Basic Technical Considerations
- Sugars and Related Materials
- Cocoa Beans
- Fats and Related Ingredients
- Milk and Milk Products
- Gelling and Whipping Agents
- Flavouring and Colouring Agents
- Cocoa, Chocolate and Related Products
- Boiled Sweets
- Caramels, Toffee and Fudge
- Fondants, Creams and Crystallised Confectionery
- Gums, Jellies and Pastilles
- Liquorice and Cream Paste
- Tablets, Lozenges and Extruded Paste
- Marshmallow and Nougat
- Other Confectionery Types
- Calculating Sugar Confectionery and Chocolate Recipes